Puppets and magic! Keith Karnok, one of the most sought after magician/ventriloquist in Georgia, will be at the Harold S. Swindle Public Library (5466 U.S. 441, Nicholson, GA, phone: 706-757-3577) on Thursday Dec. 18th at 10:30am. Amazing fun for all ages!
Also at the Harold S. Swindle Public Library, a movie and a story with the Christmas classic “Polar Express” on Tuesday, Dec. 16 at 6-8pm. Kids, be sure to wear your PJs!
- Auburn Public Library (24 5th Street, Auburn, GA, phone: 770-513-2925) – on Thursday, Dec. 18th at 5pm, a Frozen Movie Sing-a-long – come dressed in your favorite Frozen costume – Olaf will be present to entertain and sing songs and we’ll provide popcorn and sodas, and carrots, too!!!
- Braselton Library (15 Brassie Lane, Braselton, GA, phone: 706-654-1992) – on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 18th and 19th, Santa is coming to the Braselton Library – on Dec. 18th, he will appear at 4pm and on December 19th, at 11:30am for a special storytime. Also on Dec. 19th at 10:30am, he will be available for a special baby lap sit storytime.
- Jefferson Public Library (1000 Washington Street, Jefferson, GA, phone: 706-367-8012) – on Thursday, Dec. 18th at 4:30pm, Sloane Meyer, educator, history buff and all around creative spirit, will present “Dickens in December”, a PG event suitable for children and adults of all ages — if you like drama, literature, and historic re-enactments, you are going to love this program! Also, on Dec. 19th at 10am, there will be “Elf on the Shelf” movie and craft and on Dec. 22nd at 2pm, a special holiday puppet show.
- Maysville Public Library (9247 Gillsville Road, Maysville, GA, phone: 706-652-2323) – on Monday, Dec. 22nd at 2pm, an afternoon full of fun with a clay ornament making program for kids, “A Christmas Story”, and then Santa at 4pm. Refreshments provided. Maysville is also having a showing of “Polar Express” on Saturday, Dec. 20th at 11am.
Please join us at the Auburn Public Library on December 1st, Monday, at 6pm for a memorable storytime with the man himself, SANTA CLAUS! Each child will get to speak to Santa personally and have their photo taken. There will also be a fun sing along, and milk and cookies. The Auburn Public Library is located at 24 5th Street, Auburn, Georgia (near the water tower).
On Thursday, December 11th at 4pm, Santa and Mrs. Claus are coming to the Commerce Public Library (1344 South Broad Street Commerce, GA) for their annual children’s Christmas party.
On December 18th and 19th (Thursday and Friday), Santa is coming to the Braselton Library (15 Brassie Lane, Braselton, GA). On December 18th, he will appear at 4pm and on December 19th, at 11:30am for a special storytime. Also on December 19th at 10:30am, he will be available for a special baby lap sit storytime.
On December 22nd (Monday) at 4pm, Santa will be visiting the Maysville Public Library (9247 Gillsville Road Maysville, GA). There will also be a special Christmas program at 2pm for an afternoon of holiday fun.
Programs will vary at each location.
Work off those extra holiday pounds at the Maysville Public Library. Licensed instructor Jennifer Smith teaches Zumba every Thursday night at 6pm (not Thanksgiving Thursday, Christmas Thursday, or New Years Thursday, of course, but all of those other Thursdays and plenty of Thursdays in 2015). Classes are free and no registration is required. Maysville Public Library (706-652-2323) is located on 9247 Gillsville Road in Maysville, GA.
Piedmont Regional Library System has programs for all ages, including adults. Besides Zumba, Maysville Public Library
has their “Bookends” Book Club on 2nd Thursday of the month at 11am, Crocheting Club on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 5-7pm, and Knitting Club on 4th Tuesday of the month from 5-7pm.
Other adult programs…
- Auburn Public Library (24 5th Street, Auburn, GA, 770-513-2925):
Sit ‘n’ Knit — every Monday at 1pm
Cover to Cover Book Club — 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30pm
- Braselton Library (15 Brassie Lane, Braselton, GA, 706-654-1992):
ESOL, English to Speakers of Other Languages — every Wednesday at 1pm
Citizenship Class — every Thursday at 5pm
- Commerce Public Library (1344 South Broad Street, Commerce, GA, phone: 706-335-5946):
Hooks and Needles, Knitting and Crochet — every Mondays at 10:30am
“Help Me Rhonda,” Adult Computer Class — every Monday at 3pm
Yoga — every Monday at 6pm
Spanish Classes/Club — every Tuesday at 4:30pm
Adult Writers Group — 1st Tuesday of the month at 10:30am
NEGA Radio Club — 1st Thursday of the month at 6pm
Book Vine Book Group — 3rd Friday of the month at 1pm
- Harold S. Swindle Public Library, Nicholson (466 U.S. Highway 441 South, Nicholson, GA, 706-757-3577):
Yarn Club — every Tuesdays at 6-8pm
Quilting with Friends at Nicholson Community Center — Tuesday 10-noon and Thursday 7-9pm
- Jefferson Public Library (1000 Washington St, Jefferson, GA, 706-367-8012):
Knitting Group — 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon
Adult Book Club — 2nd Wednesday of each month at 1pm and 2nd Thursday of each month at 6pm
- Winder Public Library (189 Bellview St., Winder, GA, 770-867-2762):
Computer Classes — 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
Mystery Book Club — 3rd Monday of each month at 7pm
Film Club for Adults — the last Monday of the Month at 5pm
Advanced Acrylics Studio — most Tuesday and Fridays at 10am
With the holidays, you may want to call to verify the schedule.
Cookbook to benefit Friends of the Auburn Public Library is now available at the Auburn Public Library (24 5th Street, Auburn, GA), for the modest price of $12.00. The book features over 425 pages of great recipes, fun facts, and the history of Auburn, GA and is an ideal gift for Christmas.
Also, the Harold S. Swindle Public Library (5466 U.S. Highway 441 South, Nicholson, GA) still has copies of their Friends Cookbook for $10.00. Remember, it is all for a good cause.